Sunday, February 21, 2010

As mentioned before, I accidentally fried my Barbie Echo Box (which is a circuit bent Barbie karaoke toy converted into a lo-fi echo processor). Luckily, I still had two other Barbie Karaoke toys (one bent, one whole). So I un-bent and the then re-bent the already bent one and put it in the original enclosure. I won't lie, I got a good deal of help from Casper Electronics' page on Barbie bending. I did a few things differently, but overall, the hard work was done by Casper Electronics. I'm pretty happy with the results. There is, however, a bit of a hum on the line and the signal comes out really loud. Not sure how/if I'm going to fix the hum, but I plan on adding a volume control on the output. Pictures will happen once I finalize the enclosure design and buy some knobs (hopefully some ugly green ones). But for now, here is a sample of how it sounds when processing my DIY squarewave synth:

Barbie Echo Box by RA Isle

No comments:

Post a Comment